- Vision International University and therefore by affiliation MTI School of Ministry are not accredited by a United States Department of Education Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) approved accrediting agency.
Association for Biblical Higher Education Affiliate Membership:
- Vision International University is an Affiliate member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), a US Department of Education Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) recognized accrediting agency. Affiliate Institutions are not accredited by the ABHE. Acceptance as an Affiliate institution with the ABHE is not equivalent to accreditation and does not guarantee that Vision International University will someday be accredited, but it does indicate that Vision International University has met an initial standard for ABHE recognition.
- The Association of Biblical Higher Education:
- 5575 S. Semoran Blvd., Suite 26
- Orlando, FL 32822-1781
Licenses, Credentials, and Transfer of Credit:
- Vision International University degree programs are not designed to meet any particular local, state, or national licensing or credentialing laws in any particular nation, but do meet the requirements established by many private, independent professional associations. Various regionally or nationally accredited colleges and seminaries throughout the USA may accept transfer students, credits, and degrees from educational institutions such as Vision. Transfer of credit is always at the discretion of the receiving institution.
- Since 1990, Vision International University has maintained authorization to grant degrees by religious exemption in the State of California. In 2005, Vision International University submitted its application for State Approval by the California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE) to be recognized as a degree-granting institution. The Bureau regulates approximately 3,000 schools serving an estimated 400,000 students in California. The Bureau establishes educational and operational standards to serve as regulations for instructional quality, fiscal and administrative responsibility, and institutional stability for private post-secondary schools.
- In April 2007, Vision International University received a approval to operate from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE) through December 31, 2011.
- Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE)
- 400 R Street Suite 5000
- Sacramento, CA 95814
- Tel: (916) 445-3428 Fax: (916) 323-6571
- Vision International University also has authorization to grant degrees by exemption in the States of Florida and Louisiana.
Acceptance of Vision International University degrees in the United States
- Degrees issued by Vision International University are approved by the State of California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE). Not all states accept unaccredited degrees approved by another state. Some states have legislation that may prohibit or limit the use of Vision International University degrees in certain contexts. Degrees earned at Vision International University are designed for religious purposes only. Under no circumstance should a Vision International University degree be used to gain public employment or promotion outside of California, either with a government agency or a public school system.
The Apostolic Council for Educational Accountability
- Vision International University/Vision International Education Network is a member of The Apostolic Council for Educational Accountability (ACEA).
Apostolic Council for Educational Accountability
- P.O. Box 63060
- Colorado Springs, CO 80962
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org